Home Recording 101
Home Recording 101 is an introductory course that covers everything you need to know to start recording music at home. From understanding audio signals and choosing the right equipment to editing, mixing and publishing your recordings, this course provides a step-by-step guide to help you achieve a polished and professional sound. By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to produce high-quality recordings and share your music with the world.
What you will learn
- Week 1: Getting Started – What you need and recording space setup
- Week 2: Capturing Music – Audio interface and recording techniques
- Week 3: Working in the Box 1 – Learning your Digital Audio Workstation
- Week 4: Working in the Box 2 – Virtual instruments and MIDI
- Week 5: Working in the Box 3 – Editing and mixing basics
- Week 6: Working in the Box 4 – Advanced mixing techniques
- Week 7: Releasing Your Work – Finalizing and sharing your work
- Week 8: Hour Challenge – Record, edit and mix your music in 60 minutes!
Photo by Omid Armin on Unsplash
- Tuesday (Tristan Rivers) – July 4, 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22
- Thursday (Joe Jansen) – July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 24
Lesson Time: please contact for availability
Lesson duration: 60 minutes each
Location: 692 Osborne (2/F)
Class size: 2 students
What you need to bring to class:
- Laptop computer (Mac or PC, see system requirements here)
- Your instrument (if applicable)
Course Fee: $495
Home recording start package included in course fee ($320 retail value):
- AudioBox 96 audio interface
- M7 large diaphragm condenser microphone
- HD7 headphones
- Studio One Artist recording and production software
- XLR mic cable and instrument cable
Can’t wait to start making music at home?
Fill in the contact form below and we will help you sign up!
Please tell us a little bit about yourself:
your musical background, your experiences in recording, or any questions you have about the course.